Example of Qualitative and Quantitative Research
A convenience store wanted to improve the mobile ordering experience to drive revenue growth coming from mobile orders.
- What occasions are conducive to mobile ordering?
- What is the customer experience journey?
Combination of qualitative, in-person observations and diaries plus quantitative surveys.
Insights to Business Action:
- Emphasize on the largest occasion that was identified as most conducive to mobile ordering.
- Emphasize on improving features of mobile ordering and certain aspects of featured foods to increase first-time use of the mobile ordering service.
- Re-do the app based on the learning to increase repeat use.
- Expand certain day-time occasion menu options.