Schmidt Market Research – Respondent Bill of Rights
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU AS A RESEARCH PARTICIPANT
- Your participation in our research is important and valued. When you share feedback, opinions, and other information with us, we are able to help our clients improve their products and services for people like you.
- Your participation and responses will only be used for market research – and not for lead generation or other marketing purposes, unless you agree to a specific exception.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS VOLUNTARY
- Before we collect any information from you, we will describe the purpose of the research and the information we plan to collect.
- At any time, you may decline to participate in the research.
WE WILL PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- When sharing research results with our clients, we will not associate your individual responses with your personally identifiable information without your consent.
- However, we may send a minimal amount of respondent information to our clients for validation or for appending client-owned data to the survey results – which will then be used only in aggregate, not to identify your personal responses.
- We will not sell or share any information about you with any third party for non-research purposes.
- We use strict security measures to protect our data.
YOUR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT
- We will never ask you to do anything that is dangerous (such as texting while driving or taking photos in areas or situations where photography is prohibited).
WE WILL NOT DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE
- If we ask you to install any software, it will be thoroughly tested and proven safe so that it does not harm your device. When the research is complete we will instruct you on how to remove it.
WE ALWAYS OBEY THE LAW
- We will never knowingly violate the laws that apply where you are or ask you to do so as part of the research.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- We recognize that not everyone is a technical expert, so if you need help with technical tasks (such as downloading an app or uninstalling it when the project is over) we will provide instructions about who to contact, and how.