Example of Qualitative Research
The utility company client sought to include the voice of the customer into the new bill redesign.
- To what extent do customers use the information listed on the bill?
- What information is most useful/important?
- What do they find confusing, have difficulty understanding, or find not useful?
- What are customer’s preferences when presented with several different design concepts?
In-person, iterative design and content optimization focus groups with current customers.
Insights to Business Action:
- The most important components of the bill were clearly identified and prioritized in the final bill design.
- Customers were more receptive to the information when it was presented through visual elements instead of words.
- After 3 iterations of design & information options, clear preference was found for one design/format over others.